Letter from the Governor

I sent the following letter to the Governor of Tennessee:

Dear Governor Lee,

I recently read in our local newspaper that you “support a push to ban abortion once a fetal heartbeat is detected.” As someone who is actively pro-life, I would like to thank you for taking such a stance. It is very encouraging to know that there are government leaders who are willing to defend life. I will pray that the heartbeat bill passes, and I have had a Mass said for your intentions.

This was his reply:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concern about the sanctity of life. Listening to and learning from Tennesseans is very important to me, and I am dedicated to a better understanding of your concerns.

I am committed to being a pro-life governor, believing that life begins at conception and every human life is sacred. One of the most important responsibilities of government is to protect the God-given human dignity of every life at every stage. As governor, I am committed to working to ensure that we have fewer abortions in Tennessee. That's why I've supported pregnancy resource centers that help families in need of support.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to working with you and all Tennesseans to make our state the best place to work and raise a family.

Warmest regards,

Bill Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Need a Million Dollars

The Beginning of My Pro-Life Life